Halloween is around the corner and as you think about how you want to decorate your car for our Trunk or Treat event consider these suggestions:
- Start with a Theme – Your theme will establish everything else you do. Start by choosing a theme and then add your ideas to it!
- Coordinate Your Costume – More than just decorating your car, consider matching your costume to the theme, too! If you have a Flintstone’s trunk – you could dress the whole family up as members of the Flintstone family!
- Add an Activity – Many trunk decorators have added ways for the kids to earn their candy through some sort of activity. For some trunks, the kids must search through a treasure chest of gold at their pirate-themed car, or maybe they have to throw their fishing pole into the “sea” trunk to retrieve their prize. Kids LOVE this sort of thing!
- Get Creative With the Candy – Depending on your theme, consider giving away candy or prizes that match the theme. For example, the Cookie Monster-themed trunk could definitely give out some cookies!
- Make it Personal – Think of your own favorite animals, children’s stories, movies, hobbies and more that YOU are interested!
- Finally, make sure decorations are family friendly and most importantly HAVE FUN!